What do you expect when you enter into your home? An environment where freshness is everywhere with a heavenly aroma that revives your mind after passing a busy day.
However, sometimes you may find your home is full of damp air with an unbearable smell. You may also suffer from spicy scent while cooking or moist smell from wet clothes. The situation becomes even worse in winter with closed rooms.
Now-a-days, people are more conscious about healthy environment. Using Essential Oils to purify air is fully chemical free and natural that make your home favorable and also keep your family safe.
How Essential Oils Can Help Indoor Air Purification
Almost all Essential Oils have anti-bacterial, antiviral and anti-fungal characteristics that are exceptionally useful in removing toxic elements when diffused in the indoor air.
The dispersed molecule of Essential Oil destroy these toxins that is contaminated with dust particles, living cells of fatal airborne viruses, harmful bacteria, and antigens. Along with purifying indoor air, they also aromatize the indoor environment.
What is Essential Oils Diffusion?
Essential Oils diffusion, also known as Aromatherapy diffusion, is a process of breaking essential Oils down into smaller molecules and evenly disperse the natural fragrance at a comfortable concentration into the air that is easy to breath.
Essential Oils are produced by extracting highly concentrated natural elements from the leaves, flowers, and stems of plants. Different Essential Oils are used to serve different purpose.
Top 10 Essential Oils for Air Purification
Proper use of Essential Oils can make your indoor air pollution and germ free. However, you are strongly advised to take help of expert to know the appropriate quantity of uses and get the results you desired for.
Let’s see the top ten popular Essential Oils to purify air.
Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint Essential Oil is renowned for its versatile uses.
- Strong antiseptic properties can disinfect indoor air as well as any surface by removing the dust and marks.
- Soothing fragrance refreshes air by eliminating unpleasant smells.
- A natural and effective insect repellent.
- Stimulate your senses and flex tired muscles.
Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon Essential Oil contains many distinctive remedial properties and health benefits.
- Commonly used for purifying musty indoor air and cleaning indoor surface.
- Destroy toxic elements with airborne pollutants.
- Aromatize with refreshing lemony fragrance.
Lavender Essential Oil
Suffering from sleep apnea?
Going through tense moments?
Lavender Oil is probably the best solution for you with its sweet calming effects.
Let’s see the other usefulness.
- Long lasting beautiful fragrance purifies air from stuffy odor and other impurities.
- Tremendous air-sanitizing spray.
- Remarkable insect repellent.
- Superb surface antiseptic.
Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Researchers have found that some certain Eucalyptus species have strong anti-inflammatory elements that help regularize your immune system.
Let’s see the benefits of Eucalyptus Oil while applied indoors.
- Improves the quality of air by eliminating toxins and other irritations in a very short time.
- A calming effect once you take a breath the clean indoor air.
- Strengthens your lungs by preventing unwanted inflammation and swelling.
Basil Essential Oil
Basil Essential Oil has some surprising natural health benefits for your skin, joints, mind and so much more. Basil Essential Oil has added value to many modern and traditional treatments like
- Healing effects on people with respiratory and ear infections.
- Inbuilt antimicrobial properties has the potential to combat against strings of bacteria that are drug-resistant.
- Pain reliever and cure unwanted muscle spasms.
- Remove bacteria from surfaces and revive the air, especially useful for cleaning kitchens and bathrooms.
Tea Tree Essential Oil
Tea Tree Oil is a proved medication of oral hygiene that kills hidden bacteria and prevents bad breath. Also regular use of tree oil will give relief of swollen gums and bleeding problem.
With its anti-inflammatory properties, Tea Tree Oil is also commonly used to treat inflammation caused skin anomalies.
Struggling with mold in your home?
Tea Tree Oil is a fantastic solution. Spray it in corners of your home and get rid of mold in your sweet home.
Here are some other benefits:
- A perfect household cleaner for its antimicrobial properties that neutralizes the harmful properties of bacteria in a few minutes.
- Really effective in reducing the airborne allergens and irritants that may infect the residents by chronic allergies.
- A powerful disinfectant in newly bought apartments or before house shifting.
Lime Essential Oil
Lime Essential Oil is closely related to lemon oil and can be the right alternative of lemon Essential Oil.
The benefits could be counted as follows:
- Dominant germ-fighting abilities successfully neutralize most of the air-borne toxins and harmful bacteria in a few minutes after uses.
- Little mild than Lemon but long lasting fragrance makes your every corner of your indoor refreshing.
Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil
Cinnamon Leaf Essential Oil is a well acclaimed air purifier with its following properties.
- Exceptional in removing airborne pollutants and cleansing indoor air.
- The calming effect on your nerve makes your home more comfortable.
- Releases sweet refreshing aroma in your home.
Moreover, its traditional use as treatment of chronic cold is highly effective.
Red Mandarin Essential Oil
Red Mandarin Oil offers you several usefulness with its fruity and mood-uplifting attar.
- Very popular for purifying the indoor air by eliminating deadly toxins and airborne allergens that cause allergic reactions.
- Sustaining its distinct smell, it works equally well if mixed with other Essential Oils.
- Relieve your stress and help you reduce exhaustion by elating your mood.
Chamomile Essential Oil
Chamomile is a world prominent tea and especially well known for its soothing and relaxing effects.
Chamomile Essential Oil has been efficaciously used as
- Ancient medicine to heal various skin infections like eczema, rashes, various sores etc.
- Strong anti-inflammatory properties used to cure skin ailments.
Clean Air – Commercial Air Freshener Vs Essential Oils
I’m sure you have tried many commercial air freshener having sweet smell to refresh your indoor.
Unfortunately, that fragrance is a result of hundreds of chemicals. These chemicals may have many harmful effects on your family including slow brain development and attention deficit in newborns as well as damaging the central nervous system.
On the contrary, all natural Essential Oils undoubtedly comes with their unique smell and immense health benefits that improves your physical as well as psychological health.
These wonder oils can surely be applied in an appropriate quantity and duration to cleanse your indoor air with minimal even zero effect. A proper blend of Essential Oils may make your home like heaven.
So, what are you waiting for?